Join us and make an impact.
Social Impact Intern
Are you looking to help make a difference in the world with innovative and impactful work? Do you enjoy curating and sharing stories online? Do your friends consider you a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram expert and look to you for the latest trends and ideas? Then we want you. At HAWKINS MIKITA we are social innovators working to develop the intersection of the entertainment industry and philanthropy. We help our clients grow their brand socially and leave a lasting footprint on society.
Hawkins Mikita is a full service social innovation consulting firm targeted to help influencers create a sustainable philanthropic and/or advocacy strategy and provide them with the necessary tools, guidance, and support to make the greatest social impact through the use of campaigns, strategic marketing, and social media. From the public sector to the entertainment industry, we leverage every resource to produce results-driven solutions for businesses, individuals, organizations, and causes.
Our ideal summer internship candidate is someone eager to develop creative campaigns, a confident communicator, and a graphic design and social media maverick interested in building and managing online communities.
- Content creation and management on social media, blogging, and email platforms
- Maintaining social media/email analytics to improve campaign impact
- Innovative campaign production and management around various social causes (LGBTQ equality, health, reproductive rights, environmental, education, and more)
- Graphic/infographic/brand design for viral online campaigns
- Conduct research with the ability to distill key points and offer strategic insights
- Curate and disseminate relevant stories and engagement opportunities to clients
- Research and track ongoing campaigns and potential partner causes/organizations
- A current college student enrolled in a 4-year college program
- Background in marketing, communication, social media, or related fields
- Strong communication skills and professional etiquette with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and other online tools (like Mailchimp, blogs, web hosting)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite – particularly Photoshop
- Must be a creative self-starter and have good work ethic
- $15/hour; 21 hours/week
- School credit available in lieu of payment
I'm In. What's Next?
- Please send a resume and cover letter (with relevant work samples) to email@example.com, subject line “HM Intern Application”
- Should be available June through September (3 days/week, 9:30am-5:00pm)
- Los Angeles-based applicants only
- Possibility to convert to full-time position post graduation (recent college graduates eligible to apply for consideration for full-time position)
We are an equal opportunity employer (and good people). We recruit individuals without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or age.