Join us and make an impact.
Social Impact Associate
Are you looking to help make a difference in the world with innovative and impactful work? Do you enjoy curating and sharing stories online? Do your friends consider you a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram expert and look to you for the latest trends and ideas? Then we want you. At HAWKINS MIKITA we are social innovators working to develop the intersection of the entertainment industry and philanthropy. We help our clients grow their brand socially and leave a lasting footprint on society.
Hawkins Mikita is a full service social innovation consulting firm targeted to help influencers create a sustainable philanthropic and/or advocacy strategy and provide them with the necessary tools, guidance, and support to make the greatest social impact through the use of campaigns, strategic marketing, and social media. From the public sector to the entertainment industry, we leverage every resource to produce results-driven solutions for businesses, individuals, organizations, and causes.
Our ideal Social Impact Associate candidate is someone eager to develop creative campaigns, a confident communicator, and a graphic design and social media maverick interested in building and managing online communities.
- Content creation and management on social media, blogging, and email platforms
- Maintaining social media/email analytics to improve campaign impact
- Innovative campaign production and management around various social causes (LGBTQ equality, health, reproductive rights, environmental, education, and more)
- Graphic/brand/content design for viral online campaigns
- Conduct research with the ability to distill key points and offer strategic insights
- Curate and disseminate relevant stories, trends, and engagement opportunities
- Research and track ongoing campaigns and potential partner causes/organizations
- Participate in staff meetings, calls providing input and feedback on business development, client projects, and new business ideas
- Assist with day-to-day administrative work
- 1-2 years of experience in social media management and fields (professional or otherwise) related to: public relations, communications, marketing, or political/social campaigns. (Recent college/university graduates encouraged to apply)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional etiquette
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and other online tools (like Mailchimp, blogs, web hosting)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred, particularly Photoshop/InDesign
- Ability to manage advanced workflow, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Be a creative self-starter with good work ethic, ability to step into leadership roles
- Competitive with benefits
I'm In. What's Next?
- Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “HM Social Impact Associate Application”
- No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer (and good people). We recruit individuals without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or age.